Tuesday, March 1, 2011

clocked 39 hours so far.......

well i have now clocked 39 hours at my internship!!! I am LOVING "working" at depelchin. The people that i "work" with are so nice. You may be wondering what i have been doing. I have done a variety of "clerical" type things, such as sorting papers ( mound upon mounds) by "foster home." I have done a "audit" on the foster care "home" cabnets and foster care "kid" cabnets. Basically what i did is take a list of "files" ( when i say files its really binder's most of which are HUGE) that are susposed to be in the cabnets and check it against whats really in the cabnets... making a seperate list of "files" that are in the cabnets that are not on the list so they can be dealt with (so it can be determined where they are susposed to be). I also checked the "kids" files for information that was missing from the data that is stored on the computer.I have also done some file work for the counseling department when i have had "free" time or when my supervisor has been busy doing other things and couldnt get me something to do.
I find it kinda odd/ cool that there is still so much information that is kept on paper in actual files, with all the technology that we have now. when i first started i expected to not see actual files and instead see a huge data base with all the information on it. It is cool that a lot of it is still paper based so that it is easily accessable when needed and there whenever you need it ( like if a power outage or something happens,etc) I guess with all the confidential information that is contained in the files it would be hard to contain it on a data base.
well this is all for now... the adventure continues tomorrow with another 8 hour "shift"...

No comments:

Post a Comment